Search This Blog

TEST

test

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Wilderness Medicine Speaker Series - Opportunity for Pre-Medical Engagement

 

My name is Shilpi Ganguly and I am a 2nd year medical student at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. I am reaching out because I am in the process of spearheading and hosting a large virtual wilderness and emergency medicine speaker series! I am presenting a speaker every week via zoom from a diverse range of niche fields including space medicine, dive medicine, mountain medicine, surf medicine, toxicology, climate change medicine, tactical medicine, rural medicine and more! I have received feedback from many of my attendees that pre-medical students may find this series extremely helpful and engaging as they begin to forge their paths into medicine themselves. I believe attending the lectures would be a great way for your students to be exposed to what medicine can offer and provide them the unique chance to speak directly with some world-renowned physicians from around the world. The series is formally supported by the Wilderness Medical Society and the University of Miami. 

 

The link for the series is below and the infographic is attached.

 

https://sites.google.com/view/umwildernessmedicine/home

 

 

If this is something you think would be of use and interest to your students, please feel free to forward on the opportunity via the website/infographic and encourage them to sign up for the mailing list. I recognize that in the time of COVID opportunities for engagement with medicine have been far and few, so I want to extend this opportunity to as many students as possible! A lot of work has gone into creating this series and I would love as many interested parties to have access to it as possible. Finally, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to me. 

 

Hope to talk soon,

 

Shilpi Ganguly

M.D. Candidate | University of Miami Miller School of Medicine 2023

M.S. Modern Human Anatomy | University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus 2018

B.S. Biomedical Engineering | Washington University in St. Louis 2016

ph: 913-660-4295 | email: shilpiganguly@med.miami.edu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment